Donnybrook TidyTowns

BEAVERROW2
By - webmaster

Map-05 Beaver Row

The cottages on Beaver Row were built in 1811 for those who worked at a Beaver Hat Factory which was located on the opposite side of the River Dodder. A wooden footbridge was built across the river for the employees (later to be replaced by the present iron bridge) as was the now disused Wesleyian Methodist Chapel which can be

By - webmaster

Map-04 Church of the Sacred Heart

There are very few records from 1630 until the eighteenth century in  relation to the development of a Catholic parish at Donnybrook. In 1615  The Catholic Church in Kilkenny held a Provincial Synod where it was  decided, among other things, to re-constitute the parishes in Dublin.  From 1617 to 1787 Booterstown, Blackrock, Stillorgan, Kilmacud and Dundrum, were all pre-Reformation sub