By - webmaster
Map-05 Beaver Row
The cottages on Beaver Row were built in 1811 for those who worked at a Beaver Hat Factory which was located on the opposite side of the River Dodder. A wooden footbridge was built across the river for the employees (later to be replaced by the present iron bridge) as was the now disused Wesleyian Methodist Chapel which can be found behind one of the cottages. At the entrance to Beech Hill estate is a monument to the 1st All Ireland Football Final which took place there in 1888 between Limerick Commercials and Dundalk Young Irelands.
Next Location (6): Eglinton Road & Square
Previos Location (4): Church of the Sacred Heart