When stroke strikes, act F.A.S.T.
The Irish Heart Foundation’s Act F.A.S.T. campaign with the support of the Government of Ireland aims to raise awareness of the signs of stroke and the importance of getting to hospital as soon as possible.
F.A.S.T. stands for Face, Arms, Speech and Time.
If you recognise any of the signs of a stroke, call 112 or 999 immediately.
Effective stroke treatment is hugely time dependent. The faster you act, the more of the person you save.
During the coronavirus pandemic, people have been slow to attend hospital for non-COVID-19 issues such as stroke. This F.A.S.T. campaign by the Irish Heart Foundation with the support of the Government of Ireland aims to counter this trend and save lives.
How you can help spread the F.A.S.T. message
- TELL 5 people you know about the F.A.S.T. campaign
- Share our campaign posts/videos on your social media platforms with the hashtag #actfast
- Share your own videos or images from your community or workplace acting F.A.S.T. on social media platforms tagging Irish Heart Foundation with the hashtag #actfast
- Update your social media profile picture or website with the F.A.S.T. graphic
- Order print campaign materials to share in your community or workplace; packs of A3 posters, wallet cards and leaflets available